13 May 2010

Health Fair Pictures

150 people tested for HIV. 200 tubes of toothpaste. 200 toothbrushes. Four boxes of bar soap. 18 counterparts. 3 PCVs. 2 community theater/drum groups. 50 maandazi (fried dough snacks). Over 3000 condoms. Two guests of honor. One soccer game. One cardboard cut-out of a condom man. One pig that ran through and destroyed some flipchart stands.... Just some of the things present at my village health fair, or, as my villagers decided to interpret it, INTERNATIONAL HEALTH DAY (I don't think there is such a day, but who knew all you had to do was announce you are doing a health day, and suddenly everyone thinks it is a worldwide thing, and they decide they want to do it every year).

Ngoma group from a neighboring village

Pin the toothbrush on the mouth!


Nutrition table


Condom demo table


Flipcharts, and the awesome flipchart stands my counterpart made, prior to the pig running through them.


Condom man cut-out... if anyone working for Si Mchezo is reading this blog, it would be awesome if you would publish this picture in your magazine...

1 comment:

  1. You seem to be doing amazing things!!! ... I am leaving June 14th to TZ for health also!! .. I was just wondering if you have any advice? Is ther anything you wish you packed and didnt? Is there anything you couldn't live without? ... if you could email me at amylsmith42@gmail.com or check out my blog at http://amytanzania.blogspot.com/

    amy smith!

    ReplyDelete